At a Glance: Rutherford County Voluntary Pre-K Program
Registration for 2017-18 will begin May 8-12 at the school sites where Pre-k Program is offered.
See locations listed below.
- 7:30 am - 1:30 pm Monday – Friday Most schools
- 7:50 am - 1:45 pm Smyrna Elementary
- 8:00 am - 2:00 pm Eagleville School
- Parents provide transportation
- Snacks provided
- Rest Mats provided
- Physical Activity
- Parent education classes offered
Parents must complete an application at the schools where Voluntary Pre-K is offered.
There is no zoning requirement for Pre-K.
Certified birth certificate, proof of residency in Rutherford County (current utility bill or lease), and proof of income.
The following schools offer the program:
- Cedar Grove Elementary
- Eagleville Elementary
- John Colemon Elementary
- Kittrell Elementary
- LaVergne Primary
- Rock Springs Elementary
- Smyrna Elementary
- Smyrna Primary
- Stewartsboro Elementary
- Walter Hill Elementary
- Four years old on or before August 15th
- Families in financial need will receive first consideration. - See income guidelines.
- Meet requirements for English as Second Language Learner
- Students who meet local at-risk criteria as established by the local Community Pre-K Advisory Council or who do not meet any at-risk criteria but are considered unserved or underserved may be enrolled by a process established by the C-PAC.