What is Concurrent Enrollment?
Concurrent Enrollment is available to current RCS high school students who wish to remain enrolled at their zoned school and take additional courses offered online through RCS. Some reasons students may be interested in this option is to have a more challenging course load, take a course that is not available at their zoned school, make-up credits, or get ahead with credit completion.
Is there a cost associated with taking a Concurrent Course(s)?
Yes, students must pay the required $125 per half (.50) credit. On-time seniors (not early graduates) who are eligible for free/reduced lunch may qualify for a discounted rate if they are in need of the course to graduate and the class does not fit in the schedule at their zoned school.
**If the student needs longer than 9 weeks to complete the 1/2 credit course, an additional payment of $125 will be required to continue with progress.**
What courses are available for Concurrent Enrollment?
RCS Concurrent Enrollment options are listed below. Five students must enroll in the course for it to be offered. Students will be expected to complete a half (.50) credit of coursework within a nine week time span.
|* English IV (1 credit)
||* Spanish I (1 credit)
|* Bridge Math (1 Credit)
||* Spanish II (1 credit)
|* Government (.50 Credit)
||* Wellness (1 credit)
|* Economics (.50 Credit)
||* Physical Education (.50 credit)
|* Personal Finance (.50 Credit)
||* Fine Art (1 credit)
Will I have access to a teacher to help me with coursework if needed?
Yes, while students will complete assignments through the Edgenuity Online Platform, a Rutherford County teacher of record will be responsible for monitoring progress and assisting with areas of concern. Students will be required to schedule an appointment with their teacher of record to take the final exam in-person.
Who approves my request for Concurrent Enrollment?
Interested students must download and complete the application located in the attached documents. Signatures of a parent/guardian and the zone School Counselor are required. Students are not enrolled until the application is approved and the payment is submitted.
What if I change my mind after enrolling?
Please think over this option carefully. Due to the independent and fast-paced nature of the online platform, students must be motivated, organized, and have the time management skills to balance these requirements with the courses they are also taking at their zoned school. Refunds will not be issued unless the course does not have a minimum of five students to enroll. In addition, the grade received will be added to the student's transcript at the end of the course and cannot be waived.
I'm interested in this option...what's next?
1. Please consult with your parent/guardian and school counselor at your zone school on what course(s) you are in need of.
2. If you decide to pursue, please complete the application and required forms located in the attachments.
4. A link to the county's Point and Pay system will be emailed to families to submit the payment online. If you prefer to pay by cash or money order, you will need to schedule a time with Mrs. Williams for payment at the Board of Education.
5. Once your forms and payment are received by Mrs. Annie Williams, you will be contacted regarding access to the Edgenuity Online Platform and your teacher's requirements to begin coursework!
6. Families interested in Concurrent Enrollment must complete the above steps by the deadline for each Term listed below.
|Deadline to submit application
||Terms (Access to online course)
|August 11, 2022
|| August 15th - October 14th
|October 13, 2022
|| October 17th - December 16th
|January 6, 2023
||January 9th - March 10th
|March 9, 2023
||March 13th - May 5th