Rutherford County Schools

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
For Parents » New Student Online Enrollment

New Student Online Enrollment

Rutherford County Schools has partnered with Skyward to manage the student information system for online enrollment.  Please review the following list of documents that you will be required to upload as you complete the online enrollment application.
** Translation services are available. If needed contact the ESL Center at (615) 890-5728.
Los servicios de traduccion estan disponibles. Si es necesario, comuniquese con el Centro de ESL al (615) 890-5728.
This online enrollment link should only be used for students who are new to Rutherford County Schools. 
Those students who are already enrolled will be entered automatically into their next grade level or onto to their next zoned school. If you have a student already enrolled in a Rutherford County school, please visit your Skyward Family Access Account after July 1st to verify registration information. Likewise, if you have a high school student needing to select classes for the 2020-2021 school year, you should visit your high school's webpage and complete the online class selection form. 
If you have moved and need to enroll into your new school-of-zone, you will need to contact your new school via email (School Contact List), and they will assist with moving your information to the new school.  
General Documentation Required for All Grade Levels:

Documents parents should be prepared to upload:


  • Birth certificate or other official record of birth (TN birth certificates can be obtained by calling the Rutherford County Health Department at 615-898-7880)
  • Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization* 
  • Proof of residence **
  • Current proof of custody of the child if parents are divorced, separated or unmarried.


*A list of all health requirements can be found HERE. To get a Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization, parents should contact their child's health care provider or the Health Department to schedule an appointment for a kindergarten physical. At that time, any additional shots that may be needed will be given to meet state requirements for entrance into school and a Certificate of Immunization will be issued.


** Proof of residence is current utility bills – electric, gas or water – with the parent's name and address printed on it. If parents have not been living at the residence long enough to have a utility bill, a lease on a house or apartment will be accepted, or you can get a statement from the utility company showing you have started service at the specific address.

Detailed information on immunizations can be found HERE.


Additional Documents Required for Voluntary Pre-K Enrollment

Click below to begin the enrollment process:
 Skyward Enrollment Portal