May 10, 2022
By JAMES EVANS
Rutherford County Schools
The Rutherford County Board of Education will interview three candidates for the Director of Schools position next week.
The School Board selected the interviewees at a special-called meeting May 10, based on recommendations from the Tennessee School Boards Association. The School Board hired TSBA to advertise the position, accept applications and conduct an initial screening based on criteria the School Board supplied.
The board voted unanimously to interview the following three candidates:
- Dr. Andrea Anthony, currently the assistant superintendent for Human Resources and Student Services for Rutherford County Schools
- Dr. John Ash, currently the principal of Central Magnet School in Murfreesboro
- Dr. James Sullivan, currently the assistant superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction for Rutherford County Schools
The three candidates will be interviewed next week. The Board will also hold a special-called meeting next week before the interview date to select the questions that will be asked of each candidate. The Board has also asked the district staff to send a survey to all parents this week for input on interview questions.
The special-called meeting and the interview date for next week will be announced soon. The meeting and the interviews will be open to the public.
A total of seven candidates submitted applications for the Director of Schools position.
In addition to three mentioned above, the other four candidates are:
- Nolan Clark Blair, Principal, McFadden School of Excellence, Rutherford County Schools, Murfreesboro, TN
- Erick Hofstetter, Chief Operations Officer, Paulding County School District, Dallas, GA
- Christopher Treadway, Principal, Poplar Grove Middle School, Franklin Special School District, Franklin, TN
- Clinton Wilson, Executive Principal, Glencliff High School, Metro Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
The School Board stated it reserves the right to interview other candidates at a later time.
The school district will send regular updates to parents and employees to ensure the process is transparent and open.