July 25, 2022
Parents, please see below for several Back to School updates for the 2022-2023 School Year.
Holloway High School Open House July 28
Holloway High School's Annual Open House and Information Night will be held Thursday, July 28, 2022, from 5-7 p.m. The event will be held at the school (619 S. Highland Avenue, Murfreesboro) and will feature on-the-spot interviews with Principal Sumatra Drayton, a tour of the school, and testimonials from students and teachers.
Rutherford County Virtual School Openings
The Rutherford County Virtual School, which serves grades 3-12, has openings available for the 2022-2023 school year. Check out the school's website for more information.
Registration and Verification of Students
Registration for new students and verification for existing students are being held online now leading up to the first day of school. As a reminder, the first day of school for students is a two-hour day on Friday, Aug. 5, followed by the first full-day of school on Monday, Aug. 8. You can download the entire 2022-2023 calendar here.
For a list of the documents needed for registration — including immunizations required for kindergarteners and seventh-graders — check out the registration page.
* If you have any questions about registration, please contact your school directly for assistance.
Free and Reduced Lunch Program Applications
As a reminder, the United States Department of Agriculture has ended the free breakfast and lunch program that has been in place for all students the past two years during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program remains available to all families who qualify, and RCS encourages all families who qualify to submit an application so they can receive all the included benefits. APPLY ONLINE HERE.
2022-2023 Bus Routes
Those families needing to lookup their bus stops and times for the 2022-2023 can now access the information on the transportation webpage.
School Supply Lists
You can find the updated list of Core School Supplies online HERE.
New Policy and Procedures for Personal Computers and Cell Phones
There are some new procedures and rules for the use of personal computers and cellphones at school, and we want to ensure you have this information before tax-free weekend, which begins tomorrow. We have created a printable flyer to explain the new procedures.
Parent Input Survey for ESSER Funding
School districts are required to include meaningful, public consultation from various groups on the planning and spending of Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds. Please take a few moments to answer the following questions concerning the remaining ESSER 3.0 funds in Rutherford County Schools. We appreciate and value your feedback and time.
Back to School Nights
(*if you don't see your school listed, please check its website for additional information.)
- Holloway High School - Annual Open House - 5-7 p.m.
- Blackman Elementary School - Free Backpack and Supplies Giveaway - 7-10 a.m.
- LaVergne High School - Schedule pickup, locker purchase, parking pass purchase - Grades 10-11 from 9 a.m. to noon; Seniors 1-3 p.m.
- LaVergne High School Early College at Motlow - Student / parent orientation - 3:30-5 p.m. - Motlow Smyrna campus, Walter Building
- Central Magnet School - Middle School Open House - 6 p.m.
- Blackman High School - "Meet the Blaze" (kickoff event for fall sports) - 4:30 p.m. in the Main Gym.
- Cedar Grove Elementary - "Popsicles on the Porch" meet-the-teacher event - 3-5 p.m.
- Central Magnet School - High School Open House - 6 p.m.
LaVergne High School - Freshman Open House - 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Smyrna Elementary School - Back to School Block Party, registration assistance and supply giveaway - 5-7 p.m.
- Smyrna Primary School - Back to School Bash - 5:30-7 p.m.
- Walter Hill Elementary School - Back to School Bash - 5 p.m.
- Christiana Middle School - Back to School Bash - 3-5 p.m. Parking lot schedule pick up, meet and greet with teachers and admin (drive-thru style- there will be no building/ classroom tours)
- Lascassas Elementary School - Open House - 3-6 p.m.
- Roy Waldron Elementary School - Grades 2-5, Meet the Teacher Pop-in - 4-6 p.m.
- Blackman High School - New Student Orientation - 6-7:30 p.m.
- Blackman Middle School - Open House for 7th grade, 5 p.m.; 8th grade, 5:45 p.m.; 6th grade, 6:30 p.m.
- Homer Pittard Campus School - Back to School Picnic - 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Oakland High School - New student orientation - 5-7 p.m.
- Riverdale High School - Open house - 5-7 p.m.
- Rock Springs Middle School - Sixth Grade Orientation - 5 p.m.
- Rocky Fork Elementary School - Back to School Bash - 4:30-6 p.m.
- Rocky Fork Middle School - Back to School Bash / Parent Orientation - 4:30-6 p.m.
- Siegel High School - New Student Orientation - 6 p.m.
- Smyrna High School - Ninth Grade Orientation - 6 p.m.
- Stewarts Creek High School - Orientation - 6-7:30 p.m.
- Thurman Francis Arts Academy - Back to School Bash - 5-7 p.m.
- Kittrell Elementary School - Back to School Bash and Annual Fall Title I Meeting - 5 p.m.
- Rutherford County Virtual School - Orientation - 12 p.m.-3 p.m. at Professional Development Center at Smyrna Middle School
- Barfield Elementary - Kindergarten parent orientation (parents only) - 6:30 p.m.
- Roy Waldron Elementary School - Grades K-1, Meet the Teacher Pop-In - 4-5:30 p.m.
- Eagleville School - Dinner - 5-6 p.m., Open house - 6 p.m.
- Oakland Middle School - Open House - 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thurman Francis Arts Academy - Middle School Open House - 6 p.m.
- Barfield Elementary School - New to Barfield Student & Parent Orientation, Grades 1-5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Christiana Middle School - Open House - 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- David Youree Elementary School - Grades K-2 open house - 5:30-7 p.m.
- Rockvale Middle School - Open House - 6-7:30 p.m.
- Whitworth-Buchanan Middle School - Open House - 6-7:30 p.m.
- Rockvale Elementary School - Open House - 2-4 p.m.
- Brown's Chapel Elementary School - Parent Night - Grade 1, 6-6:30 p.m.; Grade 2, 6:30-7 p.m.
- David Youree Elementary School - Grades 3-5 open house - 5:30-7 p.m.
- Plainview Elementary School - Back to School Bash - 5:30-8 p.m.
- Smyrna Middle School - Open House - 5-6:30 p.m.
- Barfield Elementary School- Grades 1-5 Parent Orientation - 6 p.m.
- Brown's Chapel Elementary School - Parent Night - Grade 3, 5:30-6 p.m.; Grade 4, 6-6:30 p.m.; Grade 2, 6:30-7 p.m.
- LaVergne Middle School - Open House, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Siegel Middle School - Open House - 6-7:30 p.m.
- Stewarts Creek Middle School - Open House - 6-7:30 p.m.
- Rock Springs Middle School - Open House - 5 p.m.