Multiple Rutherford County Schools are hosting Veteran’s Day celebrations over the next few days. Veteran’s Day is Saturday, Nov. 11. The following is a list of some of those events, those that are open to the public.
Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017
- Buchanan Elementary School held a Veteran’s Day celebration on Thursday morning, Nov. 9, and had a great event, Principal Ashley Witt said.
Friday, Nov. 10, 2017
- Blackman High School: For this year’s Veterans’ Day celebrations, select members of the BHS Choral groups will perform a selection of patriotic songs at 10 a.m. for residents of the Veterans’ Home in Murfreesboro. At 1:10 p.m., all BHS choirs will present a Veterans’ Day concert at the school which is free and open to the public. Visitors please sign in at the main office.
- Blackman Middle School: Three programs are planned for veterans and their families. The programs will be held at 9:17 a.m. (7th grade), 10:08 a.m. (8th grade) and 11:11 a.m. (6th grade)
- Christiana Elementary School: A program will be held from 8:15-9 a.m. with grades 3-5 and 9:15-10 a.m. with grades K-2.
- Lascassas Elementary School: The school will host a program in the gym beginning at 8:30 a.m., and the choir, instrument team and fourth-grade will perform.
- Rock Springs Elementary School: Veteran’s are invited to a breakfast at 7:45 a.m. which will be followed by a celebration in the gym at 8: 30 a.m.
- Thurman Francis Arts Academy: The school will host an assembly in the gym beginning at 8 a.m.
Monday, Nov. 13, 2017
- Christiana Middle School: A Veteran’s Day program will be held during the first home boys basketball game. MTSU’s color guard will present the colors and the middle school’s choir will perform.
- David Youree Elementary School: The school will host an assembly at 8 a.m. in the gym.
- Smyrna Primary School: Weather permitting, an event will be held outside at 9 a.m. with guests seated along the sidewalk. In case of bad weather, the event will be held in the gym.