RCS students continue to excel in the arts, and December has proven a busy month for artists and musicians in Rutherford County Schools.
The following students have had artwork selected for the Middle Tennessee Regional Student Art Award Exhibition. Their work will be displayed at The Parthenon in Nashville from December 5 - January 6.
- Mahala McLean -- Oakland High School - 1st Place in 10th Grade Mixed Media (Art Teacher, Heather McHugh)
- Abigail Gregory - Riverdale High School - 2nd Place in 11th Grade Drawing (Art Teacher, Emily Fehrenbacher)
- Abigail Shinkle - Stewarts Creek High School - 3rd Place in 9th Grade Painting (Art Teacher, Kimberly Riser)
- Hank Proctor- Blackman Middle School - 3rd Place in 6th Grade Drawing (Art Teacher, Deena Cruz)
- Amiyah Jordan - Blackman Middle School - Honorable Mention in 7th Grade Drawing (Art Teacher, Deena Cruz)
- Wenxi Zeng - Blackman Middle School - 1st Place in 7th Grade Mixed Media (Art Teacher, Deena Cruz)
In addition to students who excelled in art this fall, Instrumental Music students from all over Middle Tennessee auditioned for Mid-State and All-State ensembles in November and December, 2022. They were required to perform an audition consisting of prepared music, scales, and sight-reading. Top performers from the auditions were selected for Mid-State and All-State Band, Orchestra, and Jazz Ensembles.
152 students from Rutherford County Schools earned spots in these elite music ensembles. They will perform with the ensembles during the Spring 2023 semester. A complete list of students who were selected can be found HERE.
There are several performances and events happening around the district as the semester draws to a close. These can be found on the Fine Arts Calendar.