TDOE School Nutrition
- 3 A-Day of Dairy - http://www.3aday.org
Tips on improving kids' nutrition and fitness and recipes, using 3 servings of dairy products a day.
- All About What vitamins and Minerals Do - http://kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healthy/food/vitamin.html
Explains how substances like vitamins A,B,C,D,E,K, calcium, and iron work in the human body.
- American Dietetic Association - http://www.eatright.org/Public/
American Dietetic Association containing nutrition facts and list of resources.
- Dole 5 A Day - http://www.dole5aday.com/
Free nutritional education materials, fun games, puzzles, songs and coloring book about fruits and vegetables.
- FDA Center For Food Safety and Nutrition - http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ByAudience/ForKids/default.htm
Healthy eating and food safety coloring pages, games, activities, songs and quizzes for kids.
Facts about fruits and vegetables, recipes, nutritional information, and kids' pages.
- Healthy Choice for Kids - http://www.healthychoices.org
Overall health program for kids.
- Healthy Kids Challenge - http://www.healthykidschallenge.com
Healthy change ideas for schools, families and communities, recipes and games.
- Mix it with Milk - http://www.whymilk.com/
Explains the nutritional value of milk, with the milk mustache hall of fame celebrities, contests and cooking with milk.
- National Dairy Council - http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org
Nutritional and product information, resources and recipes.
- Nutrition Explorations - http://www.NutritionExplorations.org
Meal planning, recipes, nutrition information, games.
- Powerful Bones, Powerful Girls - http://www.girlshealth.gov/nutrition/bonehealth/index.html
Fun, games, quizzes, ideas, and tips on what foods have calcium and what activities are good for bones and the body.
- Produce for Better Health Foundation - http://www.5aday.org
Nutrition education initiative to promote eating a colorful variety of fruits and vegetables you needs every day, games, and recipes.
- Produce for Better Health Foundation - http://www.pbhfoundation.org
Offers latest health news about fruits and vegetables, kids' activities.
- School Nutrition Association - http://www.schoolnutrition.org
National School Nutrition Association site providing news and publications, meetings, events and recipes.
- Tennessee Department of Education - http://www.state.tn.us/education/
Support materials for teachers and parents.
State School Nutrition Association site providing news and publications, meetings, events and recipes.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: email@example.com.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.