Welcome to Health Services
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS TO START SCHOOL IN RUTHERFORD COUNTY SCHOOLS
Please contact your school nurse or the Health Services Department at the Central Office (615-893-5812) with any questions:
- Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization - parents should contact their child's health care provider or the Health Department to obtain a copy of the child's shot record. The child must be caught up on vaccines before he/she can start school, per Tennessee law.
- Proof of a physical done within the 12 months prior to starting school. This applies ONLY to students entering school for the 1st time, such as those entering Pre-K or Kindergarten and those entering RCS from a homeschool setting. The document must be provided to the school nurse within 30 days of the child's first day of school.
The mission of the Health Services Department of Rutherford County Schools is to optimize student health and learning. Our vision is that all students will be healthy, safe and ready to learn. We work toward this goal by advocating for all students to have access to a school nurse and by developing and implementing safe, effective school health practices. It is widely accepted that healthy children learn better. By staying healthy and in the classroom, students can benefit from the high quality instruction delivered by RCS faculty.
- Wash your hands often - for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Cover your coughs & sneezes (and wash your hands again).
- Clean surfaces that are touched frequently - door knobs, keyboards, etc.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
FIND THE NURSE AT YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL
PARENTS - To find the nurse at your child's school, go here.
DOES YOUR CHILD HAVE TENN-CARE COVERAGE?
PARENTS - DOES YOUR CHILD HAVE TENN-CARE COVERAGE? If so, the Nursing Department is allowed to seek reimbursement from TennCare for the healthcare services the School Nurses provide while your child is at school. You will never be charged for healthcare services your child receives in the school district. Please click HERE for more information. Or call Sarah Winters at (615) 893-5815 ext. 22077.
EMPLOYEE ANNUAL HEALTH TRAINING
Health Services is a component of the Human Resources and Student Services Department.
Follow Health Services on Twitter @Health_RCS for important health tips and news.
Sarah Winters, MSN, RN, NCSN
Health and Homebound Services Supervisor
Rutherford County Board of Education
2240 Southpark Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37128
(615) 893-5815 ext. 22077
fax: (615) 904-3797
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.