Want to learn how to do Hands-Only CPR? Watch these 2 videos from the RCS Nurses to see what it's all about!
Hands Only CPR Video Part 1
Hands Only CPR Video Part 2
2020-2021 After School Classes - Dates / Locations / Class Information:
- September 14th (Smyrna PLC)
- October 15th (Smyrna PLC)
- November 10th (Smyrna PLC)
- January 12th (Smyrna PLC)
- February 8th (Smyrna PLC)
- March 8th (Smyrna PLC)
- April 5th (Smyrna PLC) *
First Aid Classes:
- September 22nd (Smyrna PLC)
- October 21st (Smyrna PLC)
- November 18th (Smyrna PLC)
- January 19th (Smyrna PLC) *
- February 10th (Smyrna PLC) *
- March 11th (Smyrna PLC)
- April 8th (Smyrna PLC) *
Class registration will begin at 4:15 pm and class will start promptly at 4:30 pm. Doors will be locked at 4:40 pm.
LOCATION CHANGE: Smyrna Professional Learning Center - address: 302 Walnut St., Smyrna 37167
**Park behind Smyrna Middle School and take the covered walk to the Smyrna Professional Learning Center.
- Please make childcare arrangements, as children are not permitted in the classroom.
- A student workbook is not required, but may be purchased at: www.worldpoint.com **Search for: " AHA Heartsaver CPR AED" student workbook or eBook - cost $2.50.
Both CPR & First Aid Classes will be posted in Performance Matters.
- All certified employees will sign up in Performance Matters.
- If you are a classified employee or a NFV Coach without access to Performance Matters, please email Barb Herrell firstname.lastname@example.org sign up for a class.
Options if classes are full:
- Keep a close eye on Performance Matters or email Barb Herrell the morning of a class to see if there have been cancellations.
- You may show up as a walk-in and if there are no-shows, you are welcome to take their spot. Walk-ins are put on a list in the order in which they arrive for class.
- You may also do an on-line search for a class being offered in the community. The class must have a hands-on practice component.
- Coaches may also have some other class options provided by Brad Rohling.
- MASKS - All instructors and participants must bring and wear a mask while in the classroom.
- HANDWASHING - Participants will be asked to wash their hands thoroughly, for a least 20 seconds, before and after class.
- DISINFECTING/CLEANSING - All tabletops, frequently touched items and manikins will be cleaned by the nurses prior to each class.
- NO Mouth-to-Mouth Practice - We will NOT be practicing mouth-to-mouth rescue breathing on the manikins.
Rutherford County School Nurses train upwards of 500 people every year in American Heart Association CPR/AED and First Aid as well as training ALL 5th graders in the district in Hands-Only CPR.
- Certified Employees: You may register for any class in Performance Matters. *If Performance Matters says a class is full, check back often, as cancellations are common.
- Classified Employees & Volunteer Coaches: Please email Barb Herrell at email@example.com to register for a class.
Follow Health Services on Twitter @Health_RCS for important health tips and news.